My name is Ben and I’m a Network and Systems Engineer for Comlinx in beautiful, sunny Brisbane, where I live with my wife, two daughters and a moggie named Oscar.
My technical interests are:
- Good, re-useable template-driven network design
- Automating repetitive and error-prone tasks
- Optical Transport and WDM
- Software-Defined Networking - especially projects such as OpenContrail and OpenDaylight and what they mean for the industry
- Python programming, especially when used to automate the configuration and operation of network infrastructure - my Github repo is full of little experiments/toys
- MPLS Network Architectures and Designs
- Network visualisation
When I’m not geeking out, I’m usually
- Hanging with my girls
- Lying on the ground in pain as my skateboard rolls off into the sunset, wishing I was 16 again
- Hanging out in beautiful Noosaville, Supping around the canals
If you like talking all things networking, then hit me up!